New features I just found or stumbled into

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Ok as a man I rarely read the instructions first, often having to resort to them in 6 months once I?m stuck. So here?s a thread you are welcome to add those features you?ve worked out or more likely stumbled across...

1. Auto lights: on the left stalk twist the lights all the way back engaged the auto function. This detects incoming traffic and auto dips. Works very well

2: Auto windscreen wipers: with the wipers in an off position press the side of the stalk and the auto-rain setting is engaged. This then uses the twist setting to set the sensitivity

3: Reset all: on the end of the left stalk there is a button. So far I see this resets the trip and economy settings

4: Autopilot limit: 85mph is apparently the upper limit of the autopilot. However above that the lane Keeping Assist does still work (all worked out on a private race track)

5: Gearbox back to auto: is you have used the paddles and stuck in manual a quick waggle of the gear stick left to right kick the car back into auto

6: Heated mirrors: No dedicated button but work off the rear windscreen heater.

7: Car lock/unlock: This can be done from any door but either pressing the indent to lock or pulling the door is you have a key fob.

8: Auto tailgate: sure you all know about the waggle of the foot to open and close but the just found the button on the dash and the fob. So three ways to open and close the boot.

9. Parcel shelf full extension: when full extending the rear shelf I found the rear most seat belts getting in the way, however there are small hook for the metal buckles to hook onto, keeping them out the way

10. Apple Volvo instruction manual: there?s a good Apple app for Volvos.... apparently! ????

I will add more as I find them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
I have one that I thought it was a car malfunction:

I tried to open tailgate and was not able, tried virtually anything: the remote, manually, kicking under the bumper even pulling on it (I got frustrated a bit I admit).
So it is quite cold in Chicago now and I wanted to get my gloves from the glovebox - well, it does not open, hmm, then I realized that a day before I vallet parked and locked glove box with a PIN code to protect the documents (yes - you can lock it from the screen when you swipe right from the main menu.

Well, after I unlocked the glovebox it also unlocked the tailgate, apparently the PIN protects the glovebox and the tailgate at the same time !!!

sunilck

Reactions
City
Stafford
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Volvo XC90
I like the feature of keeping a beverage cold in the glove box by using the switch that you push all the way in.

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Holding the lock button inside has the same function as holding the remote fob button....window operation.

AP2 is good to 87mph (AP3 is apparently good to 120mph), but once you go over, you must slow to 85mph before it re-engages.

If you unlock (or accidently unlock) the vehicle, it will re-lock itself in 60 seconds.

May be more in here https://www.xc90.org/threads/things-they-dont-tell-you-but-you-need-to-know.433/

And if you hold down the left steering wheel enter button while turning the start knob to the right, and holding both for 4 or 5 seconds, it will permanently disable the start-stop feature. To turn it back on, repeat the process while holding the right enter button on the steering wheel.

Last edited: