Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90 T6
Hello!!!
I could really use some advice here. Longtime Volvo fan here. This is my 4th Volvo. I am currently leasing a 2018 xc90 T6 and the lease is up in March. I am looking into an new 2021 as I’ve been very happy. This time around, I have a better idea of my needs.
Right now, I drive 90% of the time in dynamic mode. I really prefer the extra pickup and increased handling. If I go with another t6, I am adding Polestar. I wish I had done it to begin with as I think it will improve the overall driving.

I am also linking into a T8 Recharge. My question is, will I find myself switching into dynamic with that T8 and completely negating the point of having the hybrid? I’m having a hard time finding answers based on my need for a little performance.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
Also, my typical driving is about 20 miles a day- sometimes less, so I think I could really benefit from the hybrid, but not at the expense of being slow and heavy.

Help!! My local dealer is pretty uninformed. To get honest, I wish he had upsold me on the polestar to begin with!!

Fortunate

Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription
It looks like you have you have had your post up for some time with no response. Perhaps you have made a decision already. I took delivery of a 2021 XC90 T8 Inscription in late December of 2020. Yes, if you are driving in the 20-22 mile range per day, you could really benefit. That is my typical day's driving and I use very little gasoline. I think since the first of the year, I have only filled the gas tank 3 times in over 7000 miles. In Hybrid mode, you can always dip into the throttle and pull the engine into the mix for short periods of time. The full gas+electric acceleration is awesome. If you have other questions, or if I did not answer correctly, let me know.