Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Hi-

Took delivery of a 2017 XC 90 Inscription on July 29, 2016.

Car has 1100 miles.

When my wife started the car today, it would start
but the dashboard and HUD were blank. She tried to drive it but
the car seemed to be limited to under 20 mph.

Called Volvo on call and they are sending a tow truck.

Anyone heard of similar problems?

Will keep the group up to date on diagnosis.

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Haven't heard about anything like that that happened before, keep us posted.

charpman

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lincoln MKZ
This exact same thing just happened to my wife today. 2016 Momentum with 14k miles. It's been towed to the dealership and we await news....

charpman

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lincoln MKZ
This exact same thing just happened to my wife today. 2016 Momentum with 14k miles. It's been towed to the dealership and we await news....
Seems like it was a software bug. They updated it and supposedly it works fine now. BSOD's in the automotive world...excellent!

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Seems like it was a software bug. They updated it and supposedly it works fine now. BSOD's in the automotive world...excellent!
I think it is called the blanking screens patch.

esfoss

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 Inscription
I had the same issue with my 2016 XC90 that I took delivery in March. This summer the screen went blank but would come back on when the car was restarted. A software update fixed the problem. Then the front brakes were replaced because of pulsating problem, and now the car is awaiting two new axles from Sweden to try to correct a bad vibration problem. I have had several Volvo's, but never have had any problems like this car.

jjarko

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I took delivery on my 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum in June 2016 and just had this exact issue last night. It needed to be towed to the dealer. They stated it needed an "All systems" software update. It took 30 minutes to complete and all is well. I had the vehicle back by 10am CST this morning. They could not explain why it happened though so I'm still searching for that answer. Hopefully it won't reoccur.