Is anyone happy?

duhaas

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
Looking to purchase a new 2016 Momentum w/ plus and convenience package. Seems like may of the threads are from unhappy folks dealing with serious maintenance issues and am concerned. Are there any folks happy? Like they always say, seems like you only hear from the folks with issues, curious if anyone has had a positive experience.

nam10

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
We have had our 2016 Inscription for almost a month. My wife loves it. We picked it up at the factory. No issues so far aside from a chip in the windscreen that we got crossing Germany. Since it is heated they have to replace the entire screen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
My wife and I love our XC90, so far we've had zero problems with the car.

hankdfw

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Have had my 2016 XC90 Momentum Plus with Convenience, Climate, Vision and HUD for just over a month now. No (major) issues, everything has worked as advertised, love the car and would buy again. The two minor issues we've had: 1) driver profile wasn't being saved, or wasn't saving any of my settings. Resetting all customized preferences fixed that. 2) Just one time, the cameras and camera-based safety features like BLIS and CTA didn't work when we fired up the car. Turning it off and on fixed that.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90 T5
I've had some issues and I'm still head-over-heels for the thing. If one's going to buy a car in the first 12-18 months of production, one has to be prepared for the engineering kinks to be worked out so I kind of expected it, especially knowing how software-dependent the vehicle is.

I'm a happy guinea pig as VCNA and my dealer (AutoNation Volvo Bellevue, WA) have been relatively prompt and thorough about helping me through the repairs. I'm less concerned with the flaws the car has, as most cars have little issues to be worked out. The biggest feature of the XC90, in my opinion, is Volvo itself. As long as they treat me and the car well, I'm happy.

V

volvofan

I have a 2016 Inscription fully loaded. I have about 10,000 miles on it and my wife and I love it. We had a couple of glitches with an ignition switch that had to be replaced and one recall (sun roof) to reset software. But it runs very well with our actual mpg a bit higher than the EPA estimates. Our dealer has been great to work with. One minor complaint is the voice navigation system. Unless you use exact phrases consistently it can be frustrating but that has been the case with all the cars we have owned.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I have a 2016 Inscription fully loaded. I have about 10,000 miles on it and my wife and I love it. We had a couple of glitches with an ignition switch that had to be replaced and one recall (sun roof) to reset software. But it runs very well with our actual mpg a bit higher than the EPA estimates. Our dealer has been great to work with. One minor complaint is the voice navigation system. Unless you use exact phrases consistently it can be frustrating but that has been the case with all the cars we have owned.
yeah, I find the voice recognition for address input unusable. Much worse than Ford or Toyota for instance. Other than that I love the 17 T8 R. Only minor quibbles like the tiny little sun shade that doesn't even begin to cover the glare properly in front or side position.
Oh and lastly the off switch should turn off everything, not just the engine.

dealcatcher

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
yeah, I find the voice recognition for address input unusable. Much worse than Ford or Toyota for instance. Other than that I love the 17 T8 R. Only minor quibbles like the tiny little sun shade that doesn't even begin to cover the glare properly in front or side position.
Oh and lastly the off switch should turn off everything, not just the engine.
On your last statement, I couldn't agree more. I thought I was the only one that felt that way. It's a bit unsettling that the car seems on when leaving the cabin.

To the OP, if you live relatively close to the dealer and are willing to put up with a couple of kinks until Volvo can address, I'd say it's worth the chance. Good luck.

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
I will be completely happy as soon as I will be able to start the car remotely.

So far I have an appointment at my dealer to fix it, as it seems that it may be a car software glitch, but that is scheduled after Christmas.
Otherwise no other issues with the car.
I still think about Q7 once in a while as a alternative to XC90, but I just love touch screens and hate the dials/knobs, and that's why I decided against Q7.

Update 1/28/17: The car and Volvo on Call app including remote start finally works perfect after the latest software update that I got installed on 1/25/17 at my dealer.

I am VERY happy now !!!

Last edited:

skippy1977

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I bought a 2016 T6 Momentum with the momentum plus, convenience and vision packages for my wife in February 2016. It's had a few minor issues (mostly software glitches) but mostly, it's the best car we've ever had. I like it so much that when they went on year end clearance at the end of September, I bought a T8 for myself. So far I've had no issues (even minor ones) with that car. So, to answer the original question, yes, I'm happy.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8
Have had 2017 XC90 T8 for one month. So far, navigation system quit, check engine light came on, esc warning light came on, and the electric motor goes cycles offline and gas engine takes over randomly at city speeds and with a full battery charge. You would only notice the last item if you were watching the centre display for this function as the transfer between the modes goes seamlessly.

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I'm happy. [wave]

riverrick

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm happy...love it. 2016 Inscription OSD with 11k miles. Some expected annoying software glitches, mostly related to driver profiles. No hardware problems, which compares with several hardware problems with our last family vehicle...2011 Toyota Sienna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Over a year of ownership and still very happy.

dazzle

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
xc90 2107
Have had nothing but issues tbh..... software on mine is so glitchy... Volvo don't really have a clue what is going on with it.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
I've had mine only a few days, but I'm loving every minute so far. I only have 282 miles so far, so not really any miles to report anything so far other than a very useful update to the built in owners manual that came in today OTA.

Rob

marcmct

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8
Had my T8 about a month and I love it!!!

When I realized I needed a 7 passenger vehicle,(just had twins), I was frustrated that BMW didn't make one. I've almost always driven BMW's and love them through and through. After mulling over 7 passenger options, which ultimately came down to the Audi Q7 and XC90 (forthcoming Land Rover refresh not available until spring), I went with the XC90 T8. Didn't like the new styling of the Q7 or the difficulty in getting the 3rd row of seating, not to mention no hybrid option. In contrast the XC90 screamed sexy to me. Add in easy 3rd row access, unparalleled safety, utility and the incredible beauty of the vehicle inside and out, and I was sold. Incredibly surprised how much I am enjoying this car. It's been a long time since I've grinned so much! [clap]

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I have a 2017 excellence t8. Had some software issues and the on call button, but the overall experience has been great. Very solid vehicle.

Shawn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
The negatives on this forum are very strange and almost suspicious. It is a great vehicle. A new vehicle so there are always a thing or two to work out. This is true of every vehicle I have ever owned regardless of price